2020 OFRC Youth Camp
Ages 7 – 15
Sunday, June 14 – Friday, June 19
Program Cost: $675
(cost includes supervised bus transportation to and from Oakland, all program fees and one 1 hour trail ride during the camp week)
Camperships are available. See below!
Why Oakland Feather River Youth Camp?
At Oakland Feather River Camp’s Youth Overnight Camp, girls and boys ages 7-15, participate in traditional summer camp activities while making new friends, trying new things and experiencing personal character development. We believe our youth camp encompasses the best of the classic summer overnight experience – traditional camp activities, group bonding opportunities and access to the outdoors. Read on to learn what makes OFRC Youth Camp unique:
Oakland Feather River Camp is located in Plumas National Forest on Spanish Creek. Outdoor enthusiasts are attracted year round to the area’s many streams and lakes, beautiful deep canyons, rich mountain valleys, meadows, and lofty peaks. Our beautiful site will be home for your camper for a week they’ll never forget.
Achievement & Friendships
Campers can also learn a lot during their time at OFRC – how to shoot a bow and arrow, how to cook a meal over an open fire and tons of classic camp songs. However, our real strength, focus and priority is creating friendships, making memories and building character – all while having fun in the sun!
Our staff are trained to keep an eye out for opportunities to strengthen friendships or make ordinary experiences extra-ordinary. Since many of our activities are tent/cabin group-based, campers often become very close to their fellow tent/cabinmates. We believe strongly in creating a tent and cabin culture that emphasizes teamwork, friendship and respect.
“Working together like a team is the expectation, but becoming close like a family is the goal.”
OFRC Youth Camp Counselor Motto
Wide Variety of Activity Offerings
Youth campers enjoy a wide variety of activities while at OFRC Youth Camp. The days are long, but the week flies by. They make new friends and are encouraged to try new things, experiencing themselves and others in brand new ways. A sample list of activities is below.
- Arts & Crafts
- Nature Hikes
- Camp Talent Show
- Capture The Flag
- Scavenger Hunts
- Group Challenge Course
- Sleep outs under the Stars
- Sports & Games
UPDATED JANUARY 2019
- Families may request up to two campers to be in the same group as their child, with the children being within one year of age of each other. We will do our very best to honor all groupmate requests, but due to other family’s requests, age and grade breakdowns and dates of registration, we cannot 100% guarantee that all group requests will be granted. If you request more than two groupmates, we will simply honor your first two listed.
- For more information, please review our detailed Tent/Cabin Groupmate Request Policy by CLICKING HERE.
- Cancellations and refunds must be requested in writing.
- Campers requesting full refunds prior to 21 days before the first day of Youth Camp will receive a full refund, minus a $50.00 cancellation fee. If your initial payment was made on a credit card, an additional 3% will be charged on any cancellations.
- Due to the short camp season, we are not able to refund camper registration fees 21 days or less prior to the first day of Youth Camp.
How to Register for O.F.R.C. Youth Camp Program
Please complete and return your camper’s completed registration form along with a minimum 25% deposit of your camper’s total registration fee. Your deposit includes a $50 non-refundable administrative fee. The balance of your fees is due May 1, 2020. If you pay with a credit card, your balance will automatically be charged on May 1, 2020.
Payments can be made:
- by check or money order – made payable to “Camps in Common,” NOT Oakland Feather River Camp
- by credit card
Please do not mail cash. Alternatively, you may also call and register your child over the phone by calling the Camp Office at 510-336-2267.
Payments sent prior to May 15th may be mailed
or faxed to our Oakland office:
CAMPS IN COMMON
P.O. Box 11061, Oakland, CA 94611
or faxes to the Quincy Camp Office:
P.O. Box 3229, Quincy, CA 95971
CAMP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Thanks to the support of many generous individual donors, supporters and funders, we are able to provide a select number of Camp Scholarships (“Camperships”) each summer to families who cannot afford the full cost of camp due to financial barriers or circumstantial hardships. Camperships are largely determined by gross household income.
Click here for 2020 Youth Camp Campership Application Instructions.