2020 Oakland Resident Rates
|Age Group||4 Nights or Less||5 Nights or More|
|School-Age Child (6-12)||$90/Night||$79/Night|
|Pre-School Child (2-5)||$72/Night||$61/Night|
|Infant (Under 2)||No Charge||No Charge|
2020 Non-Oakland Resident Rates
|Age Group||Nightly Rate|
|School-Age Child (6-12)||$90/Night|
|Pre-School Child (2-5)||$72/Night|
|Infant (Under 2)||No Charge|
While Oakland Feather River Camp imposes no minimum stay, we strongly recommend coming for at least 4 nights.
Trust us: when you leave, you’ll wish you could stay a few days longer!
In order to maintain our facilities, there is a Facilities Maintenance Surcharge of $10.00/night for each Tent or Cabin.
Half of our tents and cabins have electricity. If you book a tent or cabin with electricity, there is an Electricity Surcharge of $5.00/night for each Tent/Cabin with electricity.
NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE? Scroll down for information on our Camp Scholarship Program!
How to Register
To make a reservation, please complete and return your registration form along with a minimum 50% deposit of your total stay. Please note that your reservation will not be finalized and your housing officially assigned until your deposit has been received.
Please make sure to review our updated Registration Policies below before filling out your registration form.
Your balance due date is dependent on your arrival date (see chart below). If you pay with a credit card during registration, your balance will automatically be charged on your balance due date.
Please make sure to print clearly and to fill out the registration form in its entirety. Incomplete or illegible registrations are subject to a processing delay.
Reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your preferred dates and location. However, Camps in Common reserves the right to make the final tent/cabin assignments based on availability.
Upon processing your registration, we will email or mail you back a reservation confirmation with your tent/cabin assignment and balance due.
Payment may be made through the following methods:
- by check or money order (please do not mail cash). Checks should be made out to “Camps In Common”, NOT Oakland Feather River Camp.
- by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) on registration form or over the phone
Registration forms and payments may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to our Oakland office:
CAMPS IN COMMON
P.O. Box 11061
Oakland , CA 94611
Balance Due Dates
|Sunday, June 21 – Tuesday, June 30|
|Wednesday, July 1 – Friday, July 24|
|Balance Due Date|
|May 15, 2020|
|June 1, 2020|
FAMILY CAMP REGISTRATION POLICIES
REVISED SEPTEMBER 2019! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Cancellations and refunds must be requested in writing.
- Campers requesting full refunds prior to 60 days before their balance due date will receive a full refund, minus a 5% or $75 cancellation fee whichever is greater.
- Campers requesting full refunds 30-60 days prior to their balance due date will receive their full amount, minus 10% of the total reservation or a $75 cancellation fee, whichever is higher.
- Due to the short camp season, we are not able to refund camper registration costs with less than 30 days prior to their balance due date.
- If your initial payment was made on a credit card, an additional 3% will be charged on any cancellations.
All reservation change requests must be made in writing. Reservation changes resulting in a reduction of costs are subject the fees listed below. There are no reservation change fees when additional days or people are added to a reservation.
Changes include, but are not limited to:
- shortening the camp visit,
- removing guests from registration,
- changing arrival or departure dates,*
- or anything requiring an adjustment to any aspect of reservation.
All changes to reservations are subject to the following fees:
- Changes made 60 days before arrival date will incur a $25 administrative fee.
- Changes made between 30 and 60 days prior to arrival date will incur a $25 administrative fee + charge of 10% of any refund.
- Changes in reservations resulting in reduction of cost made within 30 days of the arrival date are non-refundable.
- If your initial payment was made on a credit card, an additional 3% will be charged on any refunds.
*Changes of arrival may not be used for purposes of extending a 30, 60 or 90 day change or cancellation window.
If a person from the party can’t come, someone in the same age group may take their place. If in a different age group, the applicable higher rate will apply and the difference must be paid.
No refunds due to leaving camp early or arriving late for any reason, including due to acts of nature, except in the case of an official evacuation.
Late Payment Charge: If payment is not received by payment due date or if mailed payment is postmarked after due date, a late payment fee of $25.00 may be added to your balance. You will not be able to check into your tent or cabins until payment is provided.
Tent/Cabin Reservation Limits: Campers may only reserve as many tents or cabins as the number of adults or teens in their party. For example, a registration with only one adult and two school-age children may only reserve one tent. A maximum of 4 beds will be provided per a tent and a maximum of 3 beds will be provided per a cabin.
Multiple Households in a Registration and Campers under 18: All minors (campers under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. If a minor is attending camp without their parent or guardian, but with another adult, a waiver must be completed by the parent or guardian prior to the minor arriving at camp. If there are multiple adults or households included in a single registration, each household must include their contact information by using the bottom section of page 1 of the registration form.
- Discounts must be applied at time of registration and cannot be utilized after submitting your registration or after payments have been made.
- New Camper Discounts are only available to camper families who have never been to OFRC before or who have not attended in the last 5 years.
- New Camper Discounts are not available during Priority or Early Bird Registration and may not be combined with camp scholarships. Camperships may not be combined with New Camper or other promotional discounts.
- Facilities Maintenance and Electricity surcharges and dog registration fees are not eligible for Early Bird, New Camper or other promotional Discounts.
- DOGS ARE ONLY ALLOWED DURING MEMORIAL DAY WORK WEEKEND, DOG WEEK FAMILY CAMP, AND LABOR DAY WEEKEND FAMILY CAMP AND ONLY IF REGISTERED AND CONFIRMED BY OFRC STAFF PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
- The fee for dogs is $20 per dog per night.
- There is a maximum of 2 dogs per a family and a limit of 15 dogs on site at a time.
- The first night dogs are allowed on site during Summer Family Camp is the night of Saturday, June 27, 2020. The last night dogs are allowed on site is the night of Saturday, July 4, 2020. Dogs are not allowed on site the night of Sunday, July 5, 2020.
- Dogs must be licensed, trained, well-behaved, up to date on their vaccines and shots, spayed or neutered and be in good health to attend Dog Week. Dogs not meeting these requirements will be required to leave the site. No refunds will be given to families whose dogs are required to stay off site.
- We request that all campers bringing their service dog to camp let us know in advance of arrival on their registration form. A service animal means any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. Tasks performed can include, among other things, pulling a wheelchair, retrieving dropped items, alerting a person to a sound, or reminding a person to take medication. While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. These support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. Even though some states have laws defining therapy animals, these animals are not limited to working with people with disabilities and therefore are not covered by federal laws protecting the use of service animals. Dogs that are not considered service dogs (such as emotional support, comfort and therapy dogs) are only allowed during our designated Dog Week, Memorial Day Work Weekend and Labor Day Weekend Camps and are only allowed if registered and confirmed by OFRC staff prior to arrival.
- A complete list of OFRC Dog Policies for when your dog is at camp is available upon request from the camp office.
Thanks to the support of many generous individual donors, supporters and funders, we are able to provide a significant number of Camp Scholarships (“Camperships”) each summer to families who cannot afford the full cost of camp due to financial barriers or circumstantial hardships. Camperships are largely determined by gross household income and low-income, Oakland households are given priority to available funds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - FAMILY CAMP RATES & REGISTRATIONS
Thursdays through the weekends are typically a little busier due to people not having to take off as much work. However, some Themed Weeks (Family Music Week and Folk & International Dance Week) have final performances on Friday or Saturday evening, which some families who leave Friday AM have lamented missing. Have more questions? Give us a call!
That depends on the ages breakdown of your family. Due to Fire Marshall restrictions, we can only allow a max of 4 camp cots in each tent and either 2 or 3 twin beds in each cabin (depending on the cabin). Some families with smaller children will push two of the camp cots together, creating a bed about the size of a double mattress that can fit three young children. Other families will select two tents, two cabins, or one of each and spread out accordingly.
Each Spring, we send out our Pre-Summer Welcome Packet to registered campers, which provides a full list of items to pack, as well as other important information to plan your trip to OFRC. Want to know more detail before you sign up? Give us a call!